30 Free Photoshop Actions for Retro & Vintage EffectsBY Ann Davlin
Would you like to save time when editing photos and images in Photoshop? Every professional designer and photographer have to know this secret, because it’s really awesome! Use Photoshop Actions and you’ll avoid many troubles and time loss! Once record an action in Photoshop and then use it forever. If you’re too lazy to create your own action or you just don’t want to be tied up with it, you can find some pack of Photoshop actions on the web and install them into Photoshop.
Frankly speaking, I’m a quite lazy girl that’s why I prefer to download free Photoshop actions on the web and to install them with a few mouse clicks.
How to Install Photoshop Actions
Firstly download the Photoshop action you like to anywhere on your computer. And then choose the preferable way to install it.
- Go to ‘Disk C:’ – ‘Program files’ – ‘Adobe Photoshop CS x’ – ‘Presets’ – ‘Actions’. There you’ll see several files with .atn extension. Drag and drop your new action into that folder and restart Photoshop.
- There is also an alternative way to install Photoshop actions that is also rather simple. From the right Photoshop toolbar open Actions menu and from the drop-down list choose ‘Load Actions’. A small popup will allow you to upload any actions from your computer.
Now you know how to instal Photoshop actions. You can download each of the following ones. By using these 30 vintage Photoshop actions you can make your pictures look amazingly old. I know that you appreciate giving photos and images a retro grungy look and now you can do it on the fly.
By the way, here on Design Web Kit you can find more interesting materials about and for Photoshop:
- 100 Fresh & Free Packs of Photoshop Brushes
- Collage Photoshop Tutorials Bundle: 70 Awesome Manuals
- 10 Photoshop Tutorial Resources Every Designer Should Bookmark
- 15 Extremely Cool Photoshop CS5 Tutorials
What are you waiting for? Retro Photoshop actions are waiting for you!