How to Create Email Signature That Is Brand-Boosting
Whether you’re a freelance designer, a budding startup founder or anything in between, your ability to market your brand and network effectively will have a significant impact on your long term success. While it’s incredibly important to create a stunning website, publish valuable content for your target audience, and get active on social media — if you want to get ahead, you should never underestimate the power of a well-designed email signature and learn how to create email signature.
Why Are Email Signatures So Important to My Business?
- Effective email signatures drive valuable conversions.
- Studies show that almost every email recipient pays attention to email signature designs.
- Email signatures are an effective means of sharing vital information with your prospects while boosting brand awareness and creating meaningful professional connections.
There’s no denying it: an email signature is a powerful branding and marketing tool—and you should use it to your advantage. Here we look at how to create email signature for your brand or professional venture. Let’s start by consider which tools you should use to get the job done.
How to Create Email Signature – Work with the Right Tools
Before you start creating your email signature, you should consider using a platform or tool. It will help you get the job done swiftly and efficiently while making sure that every single piece of important information is covered. There are a host of online services that can help you with the process, but we recommend using WiseStamp’s free email signature designer tool, particularly if you’re not from a technical background.
Include the Essentials
Regardless of how visually dazzling your email signature might be, without including your most essential business information, your efforts will be null and void. To deliver essential details with your prospects and spark meaningful connections, you must cover all informational bases.
That means, to prove effective, your email signature should include, your name and title or profession; both phone and email contact information. Your website, landing page or portfolio details, icons for your preferred social media channels, and a branded banner, image or logo. You may also include a company hook or motto and a legal disclaimer.
How to Create Email Signature – Add Links
Essentially, your email signature is a digital business card. As such, you should include hyperlinks within your signature to guide potential clients or partners to your website, social media sites, portfolio or specific landing pages. If you add hyperlinks, you will empower your prospects to connect with you or your brand on a deeper level, increasing your likelihood of conversions in the process. That said, you should always include appropriate hyperlinks to within your email signature, making sure that each link navigates to a new tab or window to enhance the user experience (UX).
Get Your Design Elements in Order
A clean, professional, and visually striking email signature design will always yield excellent results. When designing your email signature, you can be as creative as you want. If your logo or visuals detract from your key information, then it’s time for a redesign. To help you on your creative quest, here are some dos and don’ts to consider.
- Experiment with fonts and visuals that stand out from your competitors.
- Use branding that is consistent with your other promotional channels, including your website and social media.
- Utilize blank space to make a visual impact, using signature blocks where applicable.
- Make sure your links work and your signature are optimized for mobile.
- Try to cram too many visual elements into a small space.
- Compromise on functionality and usability.
- Use a conflicting color palette. As a rule of thumb, you should avoid using more than 20 or so colors in your email signature.
- Be afraid to make regular tweaks and adjustments if you feel it will benefit you and your business. Regardless of your niche or industry, things never stay the same for long, after all.
We hope that these email signature design tips help you enhance your networking, marketing, and branding efforts. For more business-boosting insights, read 11 Amazing Website Footer Design Examples for Inspiration.