In this article, we suggest you to get acquainted with the free editor of web languages – Codelobster PHP Edition. It is presented on the software market for a long time already, and it wins a lot of fans.
The program includes auto-completion function, which greatly speeds up the programmer’s work and eliminates the possibility of errors.
The built-in PHP debugger allows you to execute PHP scripts step by step, sequentially moving through the lines of code. You can assign check points, view the process of the work of loops, and monitor the values of all variables during the execution of the script.
You can view the HTML templates directly in the editor, highlight the interesting elements on the page. Also you can explore the associated CSS styles. HTML and CSS inspector works by the principle of all known FireBug.
Other useful functions and features of the Codelobster PHP editor:
- A pair highlighting of parentheses and tags – you will never have to count parentheses or quotation marks, the editor will take care of it.
- Highlighting of blocks, selection and collapsing of code snippets, bookmarks to facilitate navigation on the edited file, recognition and building of the complete structure of PHP projects – these functions ensure easy work with projects of any scale.
- Support for 17 user interface languages, among them English, German, Russian, Spanish, French and others.
- The program works on all Windows systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
The professional version of Codelobster PHP Edition provides the programmer with even more features.
For example, you have an opportunity to work with projects on a remote server with use of the built-in FTP client. You can edit the selected files, preview the results and then synchronize the changes with the files on the hosting.
The built-in SQL editor also has an auto-completion and code highlighting. It allows not only execute SQL queries and export information from your databases, but supports all standard CRUD operations – creating, reading, updating and deleting records in the database.
In addition the professional version includes an extensive set of plug-ins:
- A large set of extensions that help to work with PHP frameworks – CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Phalcon, Smarty, Symfony, Twig and Yii plug-ins.
- Plugins for working with the most popular CMS – Drupal, Joomla, Magento and WordPress.
We can download and install any framework directly from the program without being distracted from the main tasks.
Install the CMS using the setup wizard. You only need to fill in a few fields and click “OK”.
Then the project is automatically configured, and the fresh version of the content management system is downloaded and installed.
In general, for a year of work, our team had no complaints against the editor. Codelobster fully supports Unicode, works fast, does not hang and allows us to work even with large PHP projects.
You can download Codelobster PHP Edition from the official website.