How to Become a Certified Scrum Product Owner? – Knowing the Basics
There is a rising trend of the Scrum system being adopted in businesses that follow a lean-agile framework. This is mainly because of the digital technology revolution happening around the world. Any business that does not use the Scrum system is sure to be left behind. Every Scrum team critically needs the role of the Scrum Product Owner to be filled by competent professionals. A capable CSPO training can transform a Scrum team and turn huge returns in a short period of time. Let’s learn how to become a certified Scrum Product Owner.
How to Become a Certified Scrum Product Owner
The Product Owner in a Scrum team has to represent the demands and preferences of the customers of the company. By researching and surveying what the customers want, Scrum Product Owners translate their needs into actual products that the company will produce for them. Their role is critical, as they decide what features are going to go into the product. The Scrum Team should be in touch with the ideal product. Otherwise, they can lose their existing customers and miss out on capturing new ones.
The Duties of the Scrum Product Owner
- Defining the features of the product so that they are able to best meet consumer demands and expectations.
- Prioritizing which features they want to focus on so that they can tap into the specific tastes of their target audience.
- Adjusting the features and priorities as the process goes on. A continuous process of reviewing and improvement of the product is absolutely essential for a Scrum Product Owner.
- Rejecting and Approving the work done by the Scrum Team to ensure that the product meets the standards that have been set.
- Continually taking feedback from the customers to learn how their products can be improved and make them feel engaged towards the business through after-sales services.
It is also important to understand how a Product Owner is different from a Scrum Master. The Scrum Master has to manage the entire team. At the same time, the Scrum Product Owner has to focus on the customer’s perspective on the product.
How to Become a Certified Scrum Product Owner – Getting a CSPO Certification
The process of getting CSPO training is pretty simple. There are no prerequisites for you need to undertake the course and gain the certificate. Although, you should better have some familiarity with the concept of Scrums.
The first step is to register with a qualified affiliated trainer. All you need to do then is to go through the two-day training course where you will be coached by expert Certified Scrum Trainers on the functions and duties of a Scrum Product Owner. Once the course is over, you will receive your CSPO Certification from the Scrum Alliance.
Should I Get CSPO Certification?
Considering how simple the course is and how many opportunities it opens up, getting a CSPO Certification is a great option for those who want to start on a career related to Scrum teams.