Ionic App Development – How to Scale Your Ionic Apps
Mostly every business has a website of their own that is functional. But, most of them have not got their own app which is very necessary nowadays. People prefer apps over websites as they consider it to be more reliable. Therefore, Ionic app development is depending more and more popular.
Benefits of Building Your own App
- Mobile apps work faster than the websites.
- Their ability to work offline and online.
- Apps provide instant notification and updates to the user.
- Apps have their own beneficial features.
- Building your own app reduces cost and increases communication.
Salient Features of Generator-M-Ionic
1. Provides Functional Workflows
- For Ionic app development, quality assurance, building apps, testing etc.
- For sensitive and complex projects like managing versions of API’s, app icons etc.
2. Standardisation of Project Setup
- Easily configures development tools like Git and ESLint.
- Can easily be modified to adjust with different project requirements
- Makes usage of apps easy and more approachable.
3. Embeds Easily into the Ecosystem
- Easily fixes into the Ionic platform, Ionic CLI, and Relution.
- Uses a technology stack which many people are aware of Git, Gulp, Cordova, Yeoman, Bower etc.
Development of Apps with Ionic and Generator-M-Ionic
Make Your System Ready
Firstly, you have to install Node and if you want to run your app on a real device during development then you have to download Platform SDH’s. To make your work hassle free, you can follow the ‘Installation and prerequisites guide’. After setting up everything, launch the terminal and run it. Further, other development tools will get installed like Bower which helps in managing client packages like Angular, Yeoman which runs the Generator-M-Ionic, Gulp which runs all post setup task.
Creation of Your Project
After all the above things are done, then you have to create a new folder to generate the project. Then you have to keep the name of your project. To get more information you have to go through the question’s document. After all these procedures, run the programme. After that, your default browser will run automatically. Adding the flag will prevent opening the browser. Finally, your app is built.
Structure of the File
Now your project folder contains numerous files which were generated for you. Some of the important files are-
- Cordova related files and folders
- Application Files
- Gulp Tasks and dependencies
Git integration is for securing your progress. Your project comes with the fixed tuned Git integration already. Git ignores all the files which are not useful and specific for your project. To know more about Git integration, you can take the help of Git integration guide. It can help you solve your problems and confusions.
This was the first part of the series; coming to the second part includes testing, plugins, quality assurance, an addition of angular components, running your app on a browser and on a device etc.
Difficulty in Cross-platform HTML 5 App
Despite having notable tools like Angular JS, Cordova Ionic, Generation-M-Ionic( which supports Windows, mobile web, Android) Cross-platform HTML 5 can be difficult. A lot of things like offline data, persistence, data syncing etc. have to be given much emphasis to satisfy the customers.
Ionic App Development Includes
1) Quality assurance– Generation-M-ionic ensures that the coding you are doing is of high quality.
- Now, for the Ionic development, you have to add your own Angular components using the subgenerators.
- To style up the app add some Sass
- Add Cordova plugins to use with ngCordova for the proper functioning of the app.
- Add some bower packages for special purposes.
3) Browser or Device- which is better?
Apps can work on the browser using gulp watch. But, when working with plugins, apps should be tested on a device as well. If your system is set up according to the Cordova Platform Guides, then it is a quite easy task-
- Connect the device to your machine.
- Ensure that the network you are using is the same for both the machine and the device.
- Begin the livereload command and make it run.
With the use of livereload you can make changes to your coding and can immediately see those changes on the device as well. This is why it is named ‘live reload’. Now your app is ready to be tested on the device.