5 Best Website Builders for eCommerce 2017
The booming eCommerce market attracts vendors of all sorts and types to go online and retail commodities on the brand new level. No wonder why. Nowadays to start a successful online store you need just a bit of courage, minimal investments and a reliable website builder for eCommerce. So if you are seeking your system, take a look at the best website builders for eCommerce 2017 below and pick the one that suits your business vision best!
- Pricing Policy: from $119 (depending on the package)
- Payment Methods: a manual payment, 2Checkout, PayPal Express, PostFinance, iDeal, Skrill, Payone, QuickPay, and YandexMoney
- Support: Ticketing System, Live Chat, Email, Phone Call (English and Russian).
Signing up for the trial for eCommerce templates from MotoCMS is truly delightful for two reasons. Firstly, this is the only website builder for eCommerce (out of 5 analyzed platforms) that needs just an email or social accounts when registering.
MotoCMS allows you to sign up for as many eCommerce templates as you wish free of charge. In addition, thanks to the live demo of MotoCMS templates you can see what your future website looks like right away. This way you do not have to spend much time clicking through the entire collection of themes to find the one you need (like in another four website builders).
The admin panel from MotoCMS is based on drag-and-drop functionality. It is easy to manage. There are seven categories of handy widgets (e.g. social, media, blogging, gallery widgets etc.) on the left. Page properties are located on the right. The modes for desktop, tablet, and smartphone are at the top of the admin panel.
The eStore webs themes from MotoCMS look much more adapted for a specific eCommerce niche in comparison to other website builders. Compared to other eCommerce CMS in this list, the Products tab from MotoCMS is the only one that already contains ready-made templates of products and their descriptions.
- Pricing Policy: from free to monthly/annual payment of €14 / per user / per month
- Payment Methods: bank transfer, Paypal, Ingenico, Authorize.net, Adyen, Buckaroo, PayUmoney, Sips, Stripe. The store owner can also add other payment methods (available only in the developer mode)
- Support: Live Chat, Support Ticket, Phone Call (mainly in English; Dutch and French are optional).
Odoo is designed as an all-in-one software for the project management. However, it has the substantial eCommerce potential too. In a typical online shop from Odoo, you can customize every detail thanks to the Add Blocks tab on the left. The web builder contains content blocks like Text-Image, References, Call to Action, Parallax, and many others a user can take advantage of.
One of the advantages of Odoo is the way it deals with upselling and cross-selling. With Odoo, you can offer your prospective customers the alternative products, as well as the products’ accessories they may like. You are also free to install the eCommerce Optional Products addon. This way your visitors will see several useful suggestions every time they add a product to the cart. To add the upselling and cross-selling functionality, use Sales tab in the Product description page.
- Pricing Policy: from $29 / per month (for Basic) to $299 / per month (for Advanced)
- Payment Methods: Shopify Payments, COD, Money Order, Bank Deposit, about 70 Сredit Сard Payment Providers
- Support: Live Chat, Email, Phone Call, Tweeter (English)
This website builder is aimed exclusively at creating eCommerce websites. The interface of the admin panel from Shopify looks tried and tested and user-friendly. A user will easily figure out how to get started with an eStore customization. Just open the Products tab and feel free to add all the necessary information about your assortment.
What distinguishes Shopify from the rest of the website builders in this chart is its own App Store that allows choosing a wide range of apps to suit your eCommerce niche. The prices apps vary from free to $39,99 and more.
This website builder for eCommerce can find experts for you. This offer is important for those who know next to nothing about how to do eCommerce business and require extra help with Shopify.
- Pricing Policy: $29.99 / per month
- Payment Methods: Stripe and PayPal
- Support: Live Chat, Email, Phone Call (English).
When signing up for your trial, you are offered to choose from a number of online store themes. This definitely distinguishes Webs from the other website builders under consideration.
NB: With MotoCMS, you register for a particular eCommerce template. When using Odoo, Shopify, and CloudCart, the choice of the template design is all about customizing a custom theme.
However, when it comes to customization with Webs, at first you might be put off by its color policy. How so? Hovering over a chosen website theme when signing up for the trial, you can see how many colors this theme is available in. Most templates are available only in one color.
But do not get misled! In fact, later you will be able to customize your color palette successfully. Just go to the Theme tab at the top and then choose the element that you need to work at (in this case, the body).
The admin panel of this website builder is located at the bottom of the page, which is kind of unconventional. With the drag-and-drop functionality, you can create a website by simply placing the content blocks in the suitable places.
Whereas it is really easy to create a website with the admin panel from Webs, the eCommerce potential is not fully presented in this website builder. For instance, the Commerce tab contains only three buttons, i.e. PayPal Buy Now, PayPal Donate, and Products. From what you see at the first glance, it might be an issue to track your orders, sort your clients, or see any statistics.
- Pricing Policy: from $7.49 / per month (for beginners) to $124.99 / per month (for professional merchants)
- Payment Methods: Virtual POS terminal Borica, Cash on Delivery (COD), ePay.bg, PayPal, Stripe, Skrill, Authorize.net, bank transfer
- Support: Live Chat, Email (English and Bulgarian)
After registering your 14-day trial, you will be redirected to the CloudCart admin panel. This is where you find the dashboard that contains all possible statistics concerning your online store.
The customization process with CloudCart is a bit long-winded. The biggest inconvenience is the badly structured collection of themes. There are no subcategories to choose from. That is why one has to browse through the whole collection to find a suitable template.
This website builder for eCommerce offers you to use three additional sales channels. These channels include eBay (in case you choose PayPal as one of your payment methods), Facebook, and Etsy (in the nearest future). So, CloudCart seems to be more advanced in terms of engaging external sales platforms than other website builders under analysis.
As you can see, there are many powerful website builders that can help you to build an online shop.
- MotoCMS stands out from other website builders because of its pricing (one-time payment) and the pre-purchase procedure (a renewable 14-day trial for any template).
- Shopify is remarkable thanks to the unprecedented number of payment methods.
- Webs seems to be an elegant solution for complete novices in eCommerce.
- Both CloudCart and Shopify contain an app store and can help you hire an expert to successfully launch your online business.
So, now it is up to you to decide which website builder for eCommerce should become the platform for your future online business!