8 Amazing Tips That Will Make Your Logo Designs More Creative + Free Infographic
Whether they mean to or not, most designers will create a logo at some point. It could be that you work on a logo design as part of a larger branding package for a client, or that you’re interested in learning a new trade. Or maybe you’ve chosen to create a logo for your own company.
Whatever the case may be, there’s a lot you’ll need to learn, like these helpful logo design tips:
- Define the audience: A 15-year-old boy won’t like the same logo as a 35-year-old woman, so you’ve got to know who your logo is for.
- Keep it classic: In today’s throwaway culture, companies change their logos every couple of years. Your job is to make a logo that’s so good, your client can use it for decades.
- Stay simple: The more you add to your logo, the more messages it sends to clients—which is really confusing. Stick to a simple design with one core message.
- Go with a unique look: Remember your mom asking, “If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?” Just like you shouldn’t give in to peer pressure, you shouldn’t create the same logo as everyone else.
- Innovate like the greats: All the best logos are bold, innovative, and ahead of their time. Know how you’ll give your logo the “wow factor.”
- Make consistent choices: Design choices have the power to clarify or confuse. Look for fonts, colors, shapes, and spacing that clarify your brand message.
- Take it anywhere: Good logos need to be scalable and monochrome-friendly to succeed on any marketing platform.
- Ask for help: Creating logos can be a struggle, so never be afraid to ask for help from a more experienced logo designer like Company Folders, the makers of the graphic below. They’ll help you create a logo that matches your brand identity.
Now that you know what a good logo needs, you’re ready to see what these design do’s and don’ts look like in practice.